STOP THE BLEED Workshop
Stop the Bleed is an international campaign to empower individuals to act quickly and save lives. We are putting the knowledge gained by professionals and the military into the hands of those who can save lives in the first critical minutes.
Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines
January 2016 – ANZCOR Guideline 9.1.1 was updated to include the 3 STEPS for bleeding control (diagram on the right) The January 2016 update aligned itself very closely with international best practice and teachings. July 2017 produced an additional update which still includes the use of direct Pressure, commercial tourniquets and the use of haemostatic dressings. The guideline is now strengthened by the importance of “Effective use of commercial tourniquets is optimal when first aid providers are trained in proper application techniques.”
This educational program represents the collaborative effort of many organisation’s
With special written authorisation, we were approved to modify content to suit the Australian environment and comply with ANZCOR Guidelines.
- Introduction to Advanced Bleeding Control
- Primary principles of immediate response
- Safety & infection control
- D R – A B C’s of Bleeding
- Direct or indirect pressure techniques
- Wound packing
- Haemostatic dressings – types and safe use
- Commercial tourniquets – 4 demonstrated
- Tourniquet application for Adults, children, and infants
- Tourniquet self-application and applying on others
- Tourniquet application on arms and legs + current studies
- ANZCOR Guideline flowchart
Over the past decade prehospital care has undergone a transformation toward evidence-based medicine. Advances in research have changed the way we do things including how to control major bleeding. Evidence-based medicine will continually change the paradigm in which emergency medicine is practiced. Fifteen years ago tourniquets were a last resort and often considered a guaranteed way to lose a limb; today they are a gold standard in hemorrhage (major bleeding) control.
STOP the BLEED Workshop will introduce the learner to several of the top commercial tourniquets currently available. Each tourniquet will have its own advantages and disadvantages and will include self-application and for immediate care to others – Adult + Child + Infant.
Who should attend
This workshop is CRITICAL for:
- Police & specialised units
- Emergency Service Officers
- Security staff & specialised units
- First Aid Trainers | Maintain currency
- RTO’s | Upskill First Aid Trainers
- Surfing community | Shark Attack
- Surf Life Saving
- Event organisers
- Industrial sector
- Hospital staff
- Transport industry
- Mining & Offshore
- Anyone operating in remote areas
- Any organisation where bleeding may occur
Students who successfully complete the workshop will be awarded the American College of Surgeons, Committee on Trauma certificate.
Current Available Public Programs
All available public programs will be displayed on our online booking system.
For all other onsite group bookings, please contact us direct.